University of Aveiro
The Optimization 2023 conference will take place at the University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
Hotels in the city of Aveiro are within walking distance from the venue.
The prices and conditions should be confirmed with the hotel. In order to benefit the indicated prices you should contact directly the hotel and mention the conference. We advise the following hotels:
- Melia Ria Hotel & Spa, Aveiro * (single room: 121.00 €/night; double room: 136.00 €/night.)
- Hotel Aveiro Palace, Aveiro * (single room: 88.00 (without ciy view) / 96.00 (with city view) €/night; double room: 112.00 (without ciy view) / 120.00 (with city view) €/night. Use reservation code: Optimization2023)
- Hotel Afonso V, Aveiro
- Hotel Aveiro Center, Aveiro
- Hotel das Salinas, Aveiro
- Hotel As Américas, Aveiro (single room: 80.00 €/night; double room: 100.00 €/night; tiple room: 130.00 €/night)
- Hotel Jardim, Aveiro (single room: 60.00 €/night; double room: 85.00 €/night)
- Veneza Hotel, Aveiro (single room: 63.00 €/night; double room: 86.00 €/night)
- Hotel Imperial, Aveiro
- Hotel Moliceiro, Aveiro (single room: 125.00 €/night; double room: 145.00 €/night. Use reservation code: HM/OPTIMIZATION2023UA)
Flying to PortugalThe closest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport in Oporto, located some 70kms to the north of Aveiro. Portela International Airport in Lisbon is located 250kms to the south of Aveiro.
From Oporto airportThe trip between the airport and the railway station (called Porto-Campanhã), which has direct rail connections to Aveiro, can be done by taxi for around 20€ and takes around 30 minutes. A less expensive way to reach the Porto-Campanhã railway station is to use the Metro, which has a terminal at the airport. The trips between the airport and the railway station take about 32 minutes. The train journey to Aveiro takes between 40 minutes and 1h15, depending on the type of train used. There are regular trains to Aveiro from Porto.
From Lisbon airportIf you're arriving by plane, the simplest form of transport to Aveiro is by train from Lisboa-Oriente railway station. To get to the train station, you can go by taxi, which takes about 10 minutes and costs around 10€, but there are less expensive ways to get there, by bus, for example (lines 5 and 44).
Arriving by trainAveiro railway station is located about 20 minutes walking distance or 5 minutes taxi ride from the University Campus. To reach the Campus, you can also use the bus (green line) which departs at regular intervals from outside the railway station.
Arriving by carFrom the north, using the A1 motorway, or from the east, using the IP5/A25, follow in the direction of Lisbon. Exit the A1 in the direction of Aveiro and take the IP5/A25. There are two exits to the city from the IP5/A25, first "Aveiro-Norte" and some kilometres further on, the "Aveiro" exit. This second exit is best for reaching the University of Aveiro (the University is near the hospital).
From the south, using the A1 motorway, follow in the direction of Porto. Exit the motorway at "Aveiro-Sul/Águeda" (exit 15) and follow the EN235 road directly to the University Campus (the University is near the hospital). From the south, using the A8 and A17 motorways, exit at "Aveiro-Sul" and follow the EN235 road directly to the University campus (the University is near the hospital).